Oracle Issues Statement
REDWOOD SHORES, Calif., September 4, 2012
Oracle issued the following statement today:
Previously, Oracle announced that it would stop developing new versions of its software on Itanium microprocessors. For example, that meant version 12c of the Oracle database due out in early 2013 would not be available on Itanium.
However, a judge recently ruled that Oracle has a contract to continue porting its software to Itanium computers for as long as HP sells Itanium computers.
Therefore, Oracle will continue building the latest versions of its database and other software covered by the judge's ruling to HP Itanium computers. Oracle software on HP's Itanium computers will be released on approximately the same schedule as Oracle software on IBM's Power systems.
- Need Separate mount point 11g OEM Agent
- Need Binaries for 11g OEM Agent
- Validate /etc/hosts entry for similar entry for the host in both target and the host-server.
- Validate the pings to the host and source and the source to host
- Need the validation of OEM configuration and passwords:
- Validate the permission for the host and the folders.
- Unzip the binary.
Set the additional_responce.rsp with the following parameter
- OMS_HOST=<OEM HOST>
- OMS_PORT=<OEM PORT>
- AGENT_REGISTRATION_PASSWORD=<PLEASE SET THE PASSWORD>
- Create ORACLE_AGENT_HOME_LOCATION.
Unset the following ORACLE PARAMETERS(Ensure that there are no entry in this to your production DB/CLUSTER/10g AGENT home)
<UNZIP_DIR>/<runInstaller> -silent -responseFile <location>/additional_agent.rspRun the installation
- After the completion of the setup and validate from the logs and then validate the agent status
Login to the OEM and configure the database via valid credentials
- Dbsnmp password
- LISTENER Port